Acton Town Hall, built in in the style of a Baroque palazzo, officially opened its civic doors on the 10th March 1910. In addition to housing fine offices for the council’s staff, the hall had a grand council chamber, and an expansive committee room.
Originally designed with the intention of being extended, The Lord Lieutenant of Middlesex, Lord Rochdale, officially opened the renovated town hall on 24 June 1939, famously declaring the extension as ‘very noble and thoroughly English…’
Fast forward to 2017, and this historic Grade II listed building has once again undergone a fabulous transformation, with the creation of a prestigious residential development behind its elegant façade.
Appropriately named The Old Town Hall, the development offers the very best of old style grandeur and modern day living. Comprising 71 studio, 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, 58 of which are sensitively converted apartments in the existing building; and 13 new build apartments situated in a carefully designed extension annex.